Defective Product Return:
- In the event that you receive a defective product, please contact us within 30 days from date of delivery.
- We will replace the defective product with the same exact product.
- If you claim a defective product and want it replaced with a different product the transaction will be considered an exchange and our exchange policy will apply.
Frame Exchange Policy:
- We offer an exchange on the return of any ophthalmic or sun frame for equal or lesser value.
- The shipping of your exchanged frame is also free shipping back to you. Free shipping does not apply to international orders.
- All original packaging, frame bags or cases, and certificates must be returned in resalable condition in order to return back to the manufacturer.
- Frame exchange requests must be made within 30 days from the date of delivery.
Prescription Lens Exchange:
- Prescription lenses are custom made and therefore non refundable.
- If your lenses are defective or incorrectly made we will remake the lenses at no charge and credit you the return shipping.
- Frame exchanges with prescription lenses will be credited 50% off the original lens price toward the cost of new lenses in the event the lenses will not fit your new frame choice.
- Prescription lens exchange requests must be made within 30 days from the date of delivery.
- The duration and conditions of the fame warranty will vary depending upon the manufacturer.
- The most common manufacturer warranties vary from 30 days to 1 year and cover manufacturer defects only, not damage induced by the wearer or conditions such as breakage, heat, moisture, natural disasters & wild animals!
- Any warranty request that does not meet the manufacturer requirements may be refused and shipped back to the original shipping address.
- E-Z Optical cannot be held responsible for manufacturer refused warranty requests.
- In the event the frame being returned under warranty has been discontinued by the manufacturer and we can no longer get the frame, we will replace it with a different frame at equal or lesser value. We will remake your lenses into the new frame at no charge!
- Clearance and Special Order items are excluded from the E-Z Guarantee Frame Warranty.
- Warranty requests must be received as soon as you experience any issues so that we can submit your claim with the manufacturer.
Prescription Lens Warranty:
- We guarantee 100% accuracy on all prescription lenses or they will be remade at no charge.
- All prescription eyeglasses are inspected by Licensed Opticians and pass a rigid quality control inspection.
- All prescription Lenses include a scratch resistant coating and are made according to ANSI Standards.
- Prescription lenses are covered under a 30 day warranty against manufacturer defects, such as peeling of coatings.
- Damage induced by the wearer, such as rough handling, dropping, scraping and improper cleaning will not be considered manufacturer defects.
- Any lens warranty return that does not meet the manufacturer requirements will be refused and shipped back to the original address.
- E-Z Optical cannot be responsible for warranty requests denied by the manufacturer.
- Prescription lens warranty requests must be received within 30 days from the date of delivery.
Special Orders / Clearance:
- Products that are marked as Clearance Sale items are products that have either been discontinued by the manufacturer or are being phased out of our stock therefore are excluded from the E-Z Guarantee.
- Items that are marked as Special Orders are subject to the Manufacturer policy on special order warranty.
- If you do not like your eyeglasses for any reason we will issue a refund for the frame and 50% of the lenses – No questions asked!
- Product must be returned in resalable condition in order to return them back to the manufacturer and must include all accessories such as cases, cleaner, cloth, certificates, etc.
- Return requests must be received within 30 days from the date of delivery to be eligible for refund.
Our Credit department will issue your refund within one week
from the date the refund was approved.
• Credit / Debit Card purchases: Refund will be processed on the card used for the original purchase within one week from the date the refund was approved.
• Check purchases: A refund check will be issued and mailed to you within one week from the date the refund was approved.
• Cash purchases: A refund check will be issued and mailed to you within one week from the date the refund was approved.
CLEARANCE AND SPECIAL ORDERS ARE EXCLUDED FROM THE E-Z GUARANTEE
Protecting Your Eyes
- A valid prescription with PD Measurement is required to order prescription eyeglasses.
- You can upload, mail, fax, or email us your prescription.
Processing & Shipping
FRAME ONLY ORDERS:
- Due to the large selection of frames, styles, sizes and colors, some of our frames are ordered from the manufacturer at the time your order is placed. The estimated processing time is 3-10 business days for us to receive product from the manufacturer. Delays from back-orders, weather, invalid shipping address will add to the estimated processing time.
- Your estimated shipping time (OPTIONS LISTED BELOW) will begin when we ship your order to you along with an email notification and tracking information.
- You will receive automated email notifications for the following updates:
- Confirmation of purchase/order placed with E-Z Optical
- Completed notification that the order has shipped and is on it’s way to you – tracking number will be provided
FRAME & PRESCRIPTION LENSES:
- Your prescription is as unique as you are which means that each pair of eyeglasses requires it’s own unique processing time.
- Once we have verified your prescription and your order for accuracy, our state-of-the-art laboratory will begin crafting your new glasses.
- The manufacturing process typically ranges from 2-10 business days depending on the complexity of your prescription and the availability of the products ordered.
- All prescription eyeglasses are inspected by our Licensed Opticians for prescription accuracy and ANSI compliance prior to dispensing.
- Orders will be sent with duties, taxes, and VAT to be paid by the recipient.
- Please enter your account number for the selected shipping service in the notes section of the shipping information page.
- Your account number will be required to process the international shipment.
- Duties will be assessed by the importing country based on current laws governing imports.
- If you are unfamiliar with customs fees and charges, please speak to your local postal or customs office for more information.
- If customs fees and charges are refused at the time of delivery, your order will be returned and you will not receive a refund for shipment costs – we will refund you the cost of the frame and 50% of the prescription lenses.
- Your estimated shipping time (OPTIONS LISTED BELOW) will begin when we ship them to you along with an email notification and tracking information.
- In the event of a back-order or a laboratory delay we will send you email updates.
OVER-SIZED & MULTIPLE PACKAGES FOR LARGE ORDERS:
- Please note that shipping charges are estimated and do not take into account multiple and/or oversized packages
- We estimate shipping costs in order to keep shipping costs as minimal as possible. Actual shipping charges will be calculated when your order is processed.
- If there is an increase over $10 we will notify you by email and send an invoice via PayPal for the difference.
- We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
INSURANCE FOR DAMAGED OR LOST PACKAGES:
- E-Z Optical cannot be responsible for packages once they have left our facility.
- In the event your package is damaged or lost please let us know immediately so we can help you contact the postal carrier for resolution.
- If you would like to add insurance to your package, please notify us in the “Notes” section of your order and we will send an invoice via PayPal for the additional cost.
USPS ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME:
- Continental United States
- First Class 2-8 Business Days
- Parcel Select Ground 2-8 Business Days
- Priority 1-3 Business Days
- Priority Express 1-2 Business Days
- Priority 6-10 Business Days
- Priority Express 3-5 Business Days
SHIPPING CALCULATOR ERRORS:
- In the event of a Shipping Calculator error we will calculate delivery manually and only charge you our actual cost.
- Shipping Calculator errors can occasionally happen due to the following:
- Formatting issues from the program or server
- Service selected is not available for your location
- Incorrect or malformed Postal/Zip codes
- Items weighing more than 150 pounds
- Multiple packages are required to process your order
Special / Custom Order Policy
Even though we have a large selection of products and services, there may be times when ordering a custom product for you is necessary..
Due to the nature of custom orders, it is not always possible to return the product back to the manufacturer in the event you change your mind.
We will make every effort to order product you will be satisfied with but in the event you are not 100% satisfied, our return/refund policy will determined by the policy of the manufacturer.
Please note: All Prescription lenses are custom orders and are eligible for a 50% refund off of the original sales price.
This notice describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully. State and federal laws require us to maintain the privacy of your health information and to inform you about our privacy practices by providing you with this notice.
We must follow the privacy practices as described below. This notice takes effect on September 20, 2014 and will remain in effect until it is amended or replaced by us. It is our right to change our privacy practices provided law permits the changes. Before we make a significant change, this notice will be amended to reflect the changes and we will make the new notice available upon request. We reserve the right to make any changes in our privacy practices and the new terms of our notice effective for all health information maintained, created, and/or received by us before the date changes were made.
You may request a copy of our privacy notice at any time by contacting our privacy officer, Erika Rezzuti (contact information below).
TYPICAL USES AND DISCLOSURES OF HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI):
We will keep your health information confidential, using
it only for the following purposes:
Treatment: We may use your health information to provide you with our professional services. We have established “minimum necessary” or “need to know” standards that limit various staff members access to your health information according to their primary job functions. Everyone of our staff is required to sign a confidentiality statement.
Disclosure: We may disclose and/or share your healthcare information with other health care professionals who provide treatment and/or service to you. These professionals will have a privacy and confidentiality policy like this one. Health information about you may also be disclosed to your family, friends, and/or other persons you choose to involve in your care, only if you agree that we may do so.
Payment: We may use and disclose your health information to seek payment for services we provide to you. This disclosure involves our business office staff and may include insurance Organizations or other businesses that may become involved in the process of mailing statements and/or collecting unpaid balances.
Emergencies: We may use or disclose your health information to notify, or assist in the notification of a family member or anyone responsible for your care, in case of any emergency involving your care, your location, your general condition, or death. If at all possible we will provide you with an opportunity to object to this use or disclosure. Under emergency conditions or if you are incapacitated, we will use our professional judgment to disclose only that information directly relevant to your care. We will also use our professional judgment to make reasonable inferences of your best interest by allowing someone to pick up filled prescriptions, eyeglasses, contact lenses, or other similar forms of health information and/or supplies unless you have advised us otherwise.
Health care operations: We will use and disclose your health information to keep our practice operable. Examples of personnel who may have access to this information include, but are not limited to, our records staff, outside health or management reviewers and individuals performing similar activities.
Required by law: We may use or disclose your health information when required to do so by law, requested by national security, intelligence and other State and Federal officials and/or if you are an inmate or otherwise under the custody of law enforcement.
Abuse or neglect: We may use or disclose your health information to appropriate authorities if we reasonably believe that you are a possible victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence or the possible victim or other crimes. This information will be disclosed only to the extent necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health or safety or that of others.
Public Health responsibilities: We will use or disclose your health information to report problems with products, reactions to medications, product recalls, disease/infection exposure and to prevent and control disease, injury and/or disability.
Marketing Health – Related services: We will not use your health information for marketing purposes unless we have your written authorization to do so.
National Security: The health information of Armed Forces personnel may be disclosed to military authorities under certain circumstances. If the information is required for lawful intelligence, counterintelligence, or other national security activities, we may disclose it to authorized federal officials.
Appointment reminders: We may use or disclose your health information to provide you with appointment reminders including, but not limited to voice mail messages, email, postcards, or letters.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AS OUR PATIENT:
Upon written request, you have the right to inspect and get copies of you health information (and that of an individual for whom you are a legal guardian.) There will be some limited exceptions.
If you wish to examine your health information, you will need to complete and submit an appropriate request form. Contact our privacy officer for a copy of the request form. You may also request access by sending us a letter.
Once approved, an appointment can be made to review your records. Copies, if requested, will be provided within 15 days of receipt of request.
If you prefer a summary of an explanation of you health information, we will provide it for a fee. Please contact our privacy officer for a fee and/or for an explanation of our fee structure.
You have the right to amend your health care information, if you feel it is inaccurate or incomplete. Your request must be in writing and must include an explanation of why the information should be amended. Under certain circumstances, your request may be denied.
You have the right to receive a list of non routine disclosures we have made of your health care information. (When we make a routine disclosure of your information to a professional for treatment and /or payment purposes, we do not keep a record of routine disclosures: therefore they are not available).
You have the right to a list of instances in which we, or our business associated, disclosed information for reasons other than treatment, payment or healthcare operations.
You can request non routine disclosures going back 6 years starting September 20, 2014.
You have the right to request that we place additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your health information. We do not have to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by our agreement. (Except in emergencies).
Please contact our privacy officer if you want to further restrict access to your health care information. This request must be submitted in writing.
You have the right to file a complaint with us if you feel we have not complied with our privacy policies. Your complaint should be directed to our privacy officer. If you feel we may have violated your privacy rights, or if you disagree with a decision we made regarding your access to your health information, you can complain to us in writing.
Request a complaint form from our privacy officer. We support your right to the privacy of your information and will not retaliate in any way if you choose to file a complaint with us.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need further clarification of our Terms & Conditions.